Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jackie "Roosevelt" Robinson

So I learned a few things this week... really just two worth mentioning. I guess I had a boring week.

Jackie "Roosevelt" Robinson was the first African American to play in the MLB (major League baseball). But I knew this. What I learned was that he did this in 1947 just 20 years after my grandmother was born. He played for the Brooklyn Dodgers. (I knew that too), but I learned he lived in Stamford, CT. There are no Dodgers in Brooklyn anymore, they moved to Los Angeles CA.

I also learned that Jackie's middle name is Roosevelt in respect to Theodore Roosevelt who had died just 25 days prior to Jackie's birth.


The second thing I learned this week is completely unrelated, but I still learned it.

-Don't fill the cupcake liners to the top. Cupcake batter rises. My cupcakes were a little disfigured, but still edible, so all in all not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment